Our kids and their teachers deserve all the support we can give them. It’s why ensuring education excellence will be the primary focus of the Cox administration, believing that we need greater accountability from elected officials for education outcomes.
Spencer strongly supports teachers and believes they should be compensated fairly and given the flexibility they need to succeed. Likewise, every student in Utah should have access to a school or education platform that best suits their learning needs. Principals need the authority and tools to both hire the best teachers—and fire bad teachers.
Spencer knows education is a state and local prerogative and that federal involvement in education should be minimized to the greatest extent possible. That way teachers can get back to doing what they do best—teaching.
- Rebuild the Economy
- Stand by our 2nd Amendment rights
- Restore Utah’s Values of Civility and Service
- Defend the Constitution
- Support and Strengthen Utah’s Families
- Return Power to State Governments
- Make Corporate Tax Incentives Work Harder for Us
- Create the Right Kinds of Jobs
- Manage Utah’s Public Lands Fairly
- Protect the Right to life
- Give Rural Utah a Voice
- Make our state work better for taxpayers