Issues: Free Markets and Corporate Incentives
Spencer believes free market capitalism has done more to eradicate real poverty than any other socioeconomic system in the history of the world. Conversely, tax incentives to lure corporate investment inherently changes the playing field in free markets and can lead to governments—not markets—picking winners and losers.
Ideally, states would compete solely on the basis of their workforce, infrastructure, tax/regulatory policies and cost of doing business. But as long as other states continue to offer corporate incentives, Spencer believes Utah should be highly selective and reserve the best incentives for companies that are willing to invest in and build up economies in struggling communities.
- Rebuild the Economy
- Transform Our Education System
- Stand by our 2nd Amendment rights
- Restore Utah’s Values of Civility and Service
- Defend the Constitution
- Support and Strengthen Utah’s Families
- Return Power to State Governments
- Create the Right Kinds of Jobs
- Manage Utah’s Public Lands Fairly
- Protect the Right to life
- Give Rural Utah a Voice
- Make our state work better for taxpayers